Fun Fall Events in West Michigan
September & October
Below are some of the events that usually occur. Check back for updates.
LOCAL CORN MAZES & PUMPKIN PATCHES
Lewis Farm Market, 4180 W. M-20, New Era. (231) 861-5730. Open Mon-Sat 9am-6pm, Sundays 10am-5pm, with extended hours in October. General admission is $3 per person.
Corn Maze opens in early September (Sept. 6-Nov. 2, 2014) with other fall activities in full swing by mid-September. Featuring The Apple Express, Barrel Train, Pumpkin Moon Walk, jumping pillow, and pedal carts. U-pick apples and pumpkins for additional charge. Special music is performed some weekends. Visit LewisFarmMarket.com for more information.
Major Produce & Pumpkin Patch, 9476 N. 120th Ave., Hart. (231) 873-5281. Open the 2nd and 3rd weekends of October (October 11 & 18).
Offering Hay Rides, Haunted Hall, Game Bundle, plus pumpkin carving and painting. Also good food available, including sloppy joes, beefy nachos, hot dogs, brats, caramel apples, pumpkin & apple pie squares, popcorn, and beverages.
BELOW IS A LIST OF ACTIVITIES THAT USUALLY OCCUR.
- Community Scarecrow Contest, submit photos to Ludington Daily News by October 15; prizes for local business and winning resident.
- Fall History in Action Days, Historic White Pine Village, September 18 & 25, October 2.
- Creepy Campy Movie Nights at Quarter Cafe and Retrocade, 215 S. James St., October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30.
- Octoberfest, downtown Ludington, October 10-12.
- Autumn Days Historic White Pine Village, October 10-11.
- Pumpkin Party, Mason County District Library, Ludington, October 24, 4pm.
- Haunted Fairgrounds, Mason County Fairgrounds October 24-25.
- Trick or Treat downtown Ludington, October 25.
- Rocktober Night of Fright presented by Ludrock at Ludington Area Center for the Arts, 6pm-10pm, October 25.
- Haunted Village, White Pine Village, October 25.
- Costume Contest at the Golden Key Art Gallery October 31 from 10am-8pm; $20 gift certificate awarded to best costume, and two $10 runner up certificates
- 1st Annual Halloween Weekend at the Shagway Art Barn October 31 from 3-6pm, November 1 and 2 from 1:30-6pm; no admission cost...fun family activities including photo booth, games, haunted trail, face painting, pumpkin painting and live music all weekend long.
- Trunk or Treat with hotdogs, games and trick-or-treat stations, 4:30pm-6:30pm, Mason County Central School, October 31.
- Oktoberfest, October 10-11.
- Spooktacular Weekend, Pentwater. Saturday activities include Halloween on the Green (costume contest, face painting, pumpkin painting, sack race, crafts, egg toss); trick or treating downtown merchants and Charles Mears State Park; Spooktacular Parade; Glow in the Dark night hike up Old Baldy Trail at Charles Mears State Park, October 25.
- Manistee's Ghost Ship on the S.S. City of Milwaukee historic carferry, is open every Friday and Saturday in October. This is a truly thrilling and scary adventure. Travel through five decks and 72 stairs, some quite steep. For more information, visit Carferry.com or call (231) 723-3587. Located at 99 Arthur Street (US 31).
- Material Girls Quilt Show, Norman Township Community Center, Wellston, October 4.
- Douglas Valley Fall Festival, Douglas Valley Drive, October 4.
- Pumpkin and Haystacks Fall Festival, Old Arcadia Elementary School, Arcadia, October 18.
- Boos, Brews & Brats with events from 10am-11pm including 5K race, Trick or Treating on River Street 3:30-5pm, Kids Games, .5K Pub Crawl, Monster Bash with music, food and beverages, Downtown Manistee, October 25.
- Trunk or Treat, 6pm-8pm, Norman Township Community Center, Wellston, October 31.
- Trunk or Treat, 5pm-8pm, Bear Lake Lions Den, Bear Lake, October 31.
ONEKAMA, ARCADIA, BEAR LAKE, BRETHREN
- Oct. 1-31 - Arcadia Scarecrows, M-22 & Lake Street.
- Oct. 1-31 - Onekama Scarecrows, along M-22.
- Oct. 1-31 - Scarecrow Harvest, Bear Lake.
- Onekama Fall Festival, Onekama Village Park. Craft and food vendors and children's activities, October 11.
- Pumpkins & Haystacks Fall Festival, Pleasant Valley Community Center, Arcadia, October 18.
- Trunk or Treat, Hopkins Park, Bear Lake.
Fall Festivals & Events in West Michigan: Ludington, Manistee, Pentwater, Silver Lake, and more...
More to Love About Autumn in West Michigan...
For more activities & attractions, check out these additional links for Things to Do in West Michigan:
Ludington Activities & Things to Do -- Play on a beautiful beach, take a tour at Historic White Pine Village, or explore the barn quilt trail, murals or sculptures in the county--Ludington offers many fun things to do for the entire family!
Have Fun in Manistee, Michigan -- Explore Manistee's historic downtown district and riverwalk, hike the Manistee National Forest, canoe on the Manistee River, and more.
Hamlin Lake -- Just 4 miles north of Ludington, Hamlin Lake is a great destination for boating, fishing and climbing dunes! The Hamlin Lake shoreline is also part of the Ludington State Park.
Silver Lake Sand Dunes -- Visiting the Silver Lake Sand Dunes makes for a terrific vacation because you can take your off-road vehicle for a spin on the scenic sand dunes overlooking Lake Michigan and Silver Lake.
Things to Do in Pentwater, Michigan -- Nothing is quite like the quaint, artsy, harbortown village of Pentwater. Don't miss the popular Charles Mears State Park beach on Pentwater's Lake Michigan shoreline.
Lots of Activities in Scottville, Michigan -- Explore the Riverside Park along the National Scenic Pere Marquette River.
Canoeing or Fishing on the Pere Marquette River -- Many boat liveries offer canoe rentals.
Also, check out West Michigan Guides and our locally produced WestMichigan.MichBiz.com directory for our largest lists of Things to Do in West Michigan.