Fun Fall Events in West Michigan
September & October
Below are local events with information updated as of the time this story was published. Check back for updates.
LOCAL CORN MAZES & PUMPKIN PATCHES
Lewis Farm Market, 4180 W. M-20, New Era. (231) 861-5730. Open Mon-Sat 9am-6pm, Sundays 10am-5pm, with extended hours in October. General admission is $3 per person.
Corn Maze opens in early September (Sept. 5-Nov. 1, 2015) with other fall activities in full swing by mid-September. Featuring The Apple Express, Barrel Train, Pumpkin Moon Walk, jumping pillow, and pedal carts. U-pick apples and pumpkins for additional charge. Special music is performed some weekends. Visit LewisFarmMarket.com for more information.
Major Produce & Pumpkin Patch, 9476 N. 120th Ave., Hart. (231) 873-5281. Open the 2nd and 3rd weekends of October (October 10 & 17, 2015).
Offering Hay Rides, Haunted Hall, Game Bundle, plus pumpkin carving and painting. Also good food available, including sloppy joes, beefy nachos, hot dogs, brats, caramel apples, pumpkin & apple pie squares, popcorn, and beverages.
Douglas Valley Winery, 5375 Douglas Valley Dr., Manistee. (231) 887-3333. Hay Maze from September 18-October 31, from 11am-5pm. Hayrides on Saturdays and Sundays throughout October, from 2-4pm. $3/person.
OTHER FUN FALL ACTIVITIES
- Trunk or Treat with hotdogs, games and trick-or-treat stations, Mason County Central School.
- October 9 & 10 - Oktoberfest,.
- October 31 - Spooktacular Weekend, Pentwater. Saturday activities include Halloween on the Green (costume contest, face painting, pumpkin painting, sack race, crafts, egg toss); trick or treating downtown merchants and Charles Mears State Park; Spooktacular Parade; Glow in the Dark night hike up Old Baldy Trail at Charles Mears State Park.
- Manistee's Ghost Ship on the S.S. City of Milwaukee historic carferry, is open every Friday and Saturday in October. This is a truly thrilling and scary adventure. Travel through five decks and 72 stairs, some quite steep. For more information, visit Carferry.com or call (231) 723-3587. Located at 99 Arthur Street (US 31).
- October 3 - Material Girls Quilt Show from 10am-4pm, Norman Township Community Center, Wellston. No strollers, please. $3/person. For more information, call (231) 848-4307.
- October 3 - Autumn's Glory Days in Bear Lake from 10am-6pm. Presented by the Bear Lake Watershed Alliance, this event includes pumpkin decorating contest, kids' crafts, farmers' market, craft fair, face painting, hay rides, fire house game, and evening cook-out. Call (231) 920-1552 for more information.
- October 10 - Onekama Fall Festival, Onekama Village Park. Craft and food vendors, inflatable castle, wagon/pony/miniature train rides, face painting, Mr. Balloon Man, and more! Rain location: Onekama School. Call (231) 392-2080 for more information.
- October 24 - Boos, Brews & Brats with events all day, Downtown Manistee.
- October 31 - Trunk or Treat at 3:30pm, Norman Township Community Center in Wellston.
Fall Festivals & Events in West Michigan: Ludington, Manistee, Pentwater, Silver Lake, and more...
More to Love About Autumn in West Michigan...
For more activities & attractions, check out these additional links for Things to Do in West Michigan:
Ludington Activities & Things to Do -- Play on a beautiful beach, take a tour at Historic White Pine Village, or explore the barn quilt trail, murals or sculptures in the county--Ludington offers many fun things to do for the entire family!
Have Fun in Manistee, Michigan -- Explore Manistee's historic downtown district and riverwalk, hike the Manistee National Forest, canoe on the Manistee River, and more.
Hamlin Lake -- Just 4 miles north of Ludington, Hamlin Lake is a great destination for boating, fishing and climbing dunes! The Hamlin Lake shoreline is also part of the Ludington State Park.
Silver Lake Sand Dunes -- Visiting the Silver Lake Sand Dunes makes for a terrific vacation because you can take your off-road vehicle for a spin on the scenic sand dunes overlooking Lake Michigan and Silver Lake.
Things to Do in Pentwater, Michigan -- Nothing is quite like the quaint, artsy, harbortown village of Pentwater. Don't miss the popular Charles Mears State Park beach on Pentwater's Lake Michigan shoreline.
Lots of Activities in Scottville, Michigan -- Explore the Riverside Park along the National Scenic Pere Marquette River.
Canoeing or Fishing on the Pere Marquette River -- Many boat liveries offer canoe rentals.
Also, check out West Michigan Guides and our locally produced WestMichigan.MichBiz.com directory for our largest lists of Things to Do in West Michigan.